The business strategy of Performance Sports Group is to continue to develop and bring to market high performing products that improve the performance of athletes at all levels. We strive to grow net revenues, while improving profitability and margins by reducing costs and gaining efficiencies throughout our supply, manufacturing and distribution channels. The Company aims to deliver net revenue growth by executing on the following strategies:
1. Increase Ice and Roller Hockey Share
Performance Sports Group is focused on building a leadership position and growing its market share in all ice hockey and roller hockey equipment products through continued innovation at all performance levels.
2. Leverage Cost Leadership to Increase Profitability
Performance Sports Group employs an ongoing cost reduction strategy that enables the Company to provide ''best in class'' equipment and related apparel at competitive prices and attractive margins. Areas of cost reduction include: alternative materials and sourcing arrangements, manufacturing efficiencies and new manufacturing partners, and distribution and supply-chain efficiencies.
3. Target Emerging and Underdeveloped Consumer Segments
Opportunities for growth exist in:
- Performance and recreational segments of ice hockey where the primary focus of Performance Sports Group has been on elite equipment
- Emerging market opportunities in Russia with a significant opportunity leading up to the 2014 Winter Olympics
- Women's ice hockey where participation has doubled in the past decade and an exclusive partnership with the Canadian Women's Hockey League has commenced.
4. Grow Apparel Across All Sports Categories
Performance Sports Group expects that its continued investment in apparel across all sports lines will make this segment a significant portion of its business. The Company has begun building and utilizing the same product development process that it uses for its performance equipment categories, including consumer and player insights, strong R&D investment and effective marketing to drive sales in a diversified product line.
5. Capitalize on the Rapidly Growing Lacrosse Market
A big contributor to future growth will come from the fast growing $100 million North American lacrosse market that Performance Sports Group recently entered with the acquisitions of Maverik Lacrosse and Cascade Sports.
6. Pursue Strategic Acquisitions
Performance Sports Group plans to supplement its organic growth initiatives with strategic acquisitions of complementary sports equipment and apparel companies and brands that are, or have the potential to become market leaders in their relevant category, whether it is ice hockey, roller hockey, lacrosse or other performance sports.